Canadian Prairie Choral Music Research Project!
Are you a composer from the Canadian Prairie Provinces? Or have you commissioned an SATB choral work by a composer from the Prairie Provinces? Can you share any information about a choral composition by a Prairie composer? If so, you are invited to participate in the Canadian Prairie Choral Music Research Project!
To participate in this project please fill out the survey and complete the submission form below. All works collected will be listed in a public online database, featuring the choral works of Prairie composers.
This project is a critical part of my research for the DMA program in Choral Conducting at the University of Toronto. One outcome of my research is to identify and compile SATB choral works composed by Prairie composers who set texts by Prairie writers or whose texts allude to Prairie life.
It is my expectation that this project will:
- Promote awareness
- Increase performance
- Encourage new choral works
- Supplement the limited available resources about Prairie choral composers and their works.
Prairie Choral Composition Submission Eligibility:
- The choral work should be an original SATB composition (with any accompaniment) featuring texts by Prairie writers or texts that identify with or allude to Prairie life (landscape, people, social events, etc.)
- The composer should be a :
- Canadian citizen (by birth or naturalization)
- Current or past resident of Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba
- The composer's career should be established in one of the Prairie provinces.
Please email me at email@example.com if you have further questions or would like to contact me directly.